Friday, May 17, 2019

New Home.

1:57 p.m. I'm now 'officially' moved into my Dad's house; into my own bedroom WITH a window unit. <3 It's been an emotionally and physically exhausting couple of days, but I'll try to sum it up the best I can.

Leaving the house for the very last time.

Yesterday, at least in the morning, went about as normal. I packed up my computer around 11 a.m. and we loaded, and then dropped off, stuff at the thrift shop.

We got April her food pantry stuff (although we had to go to the City hall and get a copy of the light bill first.)

She's been a resident for years, and ordinarily, since she's moving and wouldn't be considered a 'thirty-day' resident, the lady did her a solid. :) God bless her. April and Rick's relationship was kinda rocky still and at that time, she was still being cut off from him (though later that night he helped her out.)

And close to noon, Anna arrived. Most of my stuff didn't fit in her truck, so April kindly agreed to allow hers to be used, if Anna could cover the gas money.

She did and everything got loaded, we went for gas, and I followed with April behind Anna (determined to get as much time with her as needed before we don't see each other again for years) and a couple times..we got caught at a red light and she had to move ahead, but she always waited for us.

After we made it to the house, then we sat around a good long while trying to get a break and relax. Anna sent her home with some excess food she had, thank God, cause I was still worried about how she'd eat for two weeks with no funds or gas money (again, at the time.)

Then April had to get going. It'd felt like we'd been there more than an hour. We unloaded her truck, hugged goodbye..and then Dad pulled up. Then I offered her tea for the road. (She gave me her cup to do it) A little more talking went on. Then I brought her tea, and then we said goodbye..again. :)

We tried to set up my computer, just to see, with the tv monitor as a screen. The resolution was a no-go, so that idea was scrapped. I played a bit on the computer, without internet, until Dad let me borrow his hot spot for a bit.

I got a bit over-anxious to get stuff that was currently in my room, out, and get mine in. So we all eventually got around to getting that done.

(Aside from some stuff still taking up closet space.) And then I was allowed to bring my things in, and Dad helped me with a couple heavy boxes, the desk, (Only brought the IKEA one) and put my bike around back. We also changed the position of the bed and the wheel of the bed caught my middle toe at one point. Ouch. It felt flattened.

We also brought the kiddie pool, by the way, though they said the dogs would get more use out of it than the kids. It did a good job of covering up the boxes on the way there to keep stuff from flying out.

Anyway, after I got all my boxes in, I was completely 'knackered' to put it, but I was very determined to go to sleep in a space that really felt like 'mine.'

So, I started unpacking and determining what would go where, considering unlike at the last house, all my things were going to live in one room..and as I said, the bulk of my closet has stuff still in it that hasn't been moved out yet.

I got my computer set up first, thank God, so I could do this to music and I could get more relaxed, ergo it would make this progress feel a lot faster. And it did, although it still felt like setting up took hours into the night.

But I got as much done as I could manage. I couldn't hang they had their own plans for how that's gonna go. And I've got several boxes waiting to be moved into closet storage once I've got space. :P So I've just got those taking up my room in the corner, at the moment.

There is also a rocking chair that belonged to mema, that Anna insists will have to stay in here. I don't mind, as I'll still have a decent amount of space after the boxes and pictures are up. Other than that, everything seemed pretty set.

My feet were aching so bad in the end, and were black, so I had to wash them up before bed. Since, at least with me, my feet are actually sore just when they aren't clean. It's a weird thing.

Dad still wants to get a tv set up on my wall at some point.

I've already changed my mind about where I want my desk to go, as I actually put it in a spot close to the outlets, BUT the screen is completely not visible from the bed.

Which means I can't really stream stuff and watch it from the bed. At the same time, I'm just waiting until the TV is in here and set up where he wants it (where I want my desk to eventually be) before I move the desk.

So in short, before I feel like the room is complete and ready and settled in:

  • The closet needs to be cleaned out of their stuff, when they know where they want to put it.
  • A few storage boxes, (albums, important documents, and mementos) then, need to go in the closet.
  • TV is set up (to hang on the wall)
  • Move my desk in a place where I can see the screen from my bed. (Once the tv is up.)
I had both good and terrible dreams, last night. The worst of which I'm working on forgetting with time.

This morning around 9-ish I woke up and wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do. A lot of my usual tasks require internet, which wasn't here at the time. 

I got my laundry started and took the time to walk around a bit and get familiar with the surroundings.

I unpacked the stuff I had for the bathroom.

And I eventually was still so tired bodily, I went back to bed until noon.

I got my laundry in the dryer, did dailies, tidied up a bit in my room, and made me some lunch. Macaroni with tuna and buffalo sauce dressing, then cleaned that up after. Dad said the macaroni 'looked dry.' Lol. I also realized they had no hot dogs, hence tuna taking place of the meat in my macaroni. 

I tried to sew the hole in my Minnie Mouse pajamas, BUT the dollar tree sewing kit wasn't really cutting it. The thread couldn't even fit through the too-small holes in the needle.

I'd have to ask Anna to get some when we go grocery shopping, as well as more macaroni, maybe. Lol.

We've got internet set up now, just recently, and my clothes have since dried and been put away. 

I'm appreciating a landscape where I can stand in one place for more than a few minutes and not worry about getting bit by ants. The backyard is pretty, and secluded, which is another feature I enjoy. 

Our yard in Fort Meade was more like a community yard where people came and went through, and we just adapted to it, but it also meant I'd mainly just want to be outside in the yard if no one else was there due to my awkwardness.

Also, the landlord told April that though Carlo can stay, the other four cats have to go now. Banzo, Minxy, Jelly, AND Hissy. There's nowhere for them to go, so it looks like they may end up in shelter, which is a pretty sad fate considering the limited no-kill shelters available. 

April sent me this:
He's on my old bed. <3 I haven't been gone long enough for him to realize I'm not coming back, but it's still both cute, endearing, and sad all at the same time.

By the way, I almost forgot a few important things before I left. My bed risers (which I was told I can't use anyway, because my new bed is on wheels.) AND my little wood toy table and personalized chair set I've had since I was five years old now! There even used to be a vhs Christmas movie of me unwrapping them for the first time, but I have no idea where those wound up.

I've lost my class ring. I don't know when EXACTLY I last wore it or where I took it off, but I didn't find it while moving my stuff. I'm okay, though. It happens, unfortunately. Leider, ja. 

Overall, the move has been highly stressful, in many ways, but that already seems to be passing as I try and settle into the new place. New plans. New journey and discoveries. In Jesus name, amen!

I'm STILL very much intending on moving to Ohio, BUT at least I'm in a safe and secure place where I can have the time I need to seriously save up for my own place and my independent life. :) 

In fact, my SL funds came in today, so I was able to put back some missing funds, plus a little extra, that I previously took out during the moving process. Soo, I'm very happy to be back on track. O.O

Mom ALSO called me with a job offer yesterday, both work from home and minimum wage (I'll definitely take it) so we're gonna see if that works out. If not, I can apply for work nearby here. I still hope to explore what there in near this area on my own once I get a bike tube and all. 

Google earth should give me a pretty decent idea for now, if it's up to date. Eep.

It's 2:39 p.m. now. Very quiet. Went from five cats to three dogs, and I'm not waking up at 3-4 a.m. yet....on a regular basis to feed babs. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place a comment here. God Bless, Jesus Loves, Lives, Saves.

All Glory, Praise, Thanks and all things be to almighty God on the highest forever and ever in Jesus name, amen. God is able to do above all we ask or think!

You May Also Like: